Thursday 9 April 2009



This week I visited the V&A Museum to look at anything relating to fashion. I came across this part of museum where it displayed the different styles starting with the 20th century from the 1960s where being able to express yourself and have a sense of identity was in full swing. by seeing this, it has pushed me further to want to document all these things around me today and really get an understanding in the cultures that I see on a daily basis.


During my visit, I came across an 1900's section that I fell in love with. Above are just some of the prints that were displayed, and I feel that there is something very beautiful about them. I really like the way they are dated and you can tell this by the method of printing and the style they are in. I would like to have this essense in my project so I will continue to use the rubber stamp method but also try out screen prints, etching and lino/ wood cuttings.

No comments:

Post a Comment